POSITION: Network Security Engineer (Mid-Level)
Location: Fort Meade, Maryland
Clearance Requirement: Current Intel w/poly
Perform on-site data gathering and security testing on multiple platforms and applications at various facilities and perform risk assessments, analysis, and mitigation planning and implementation. Apply vulnerability patching and/or provide recommendations to mitigate discovered vulnerabilities of systems and technologies, including routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, operating systems and off-the-shelf applications. Review vendor documentation, technical manuals, and standard operating procedures. Develop supporting documentation for certification and authorization of deliverables. Configure and validate secure complex systems and test security products and systems to detect security weakness.
• 3 years of experience with network security and/or information technology as it pertains to configuration, management and hardening of complex systems.
• Experience with writing/editing/ maintaining security plans and assisting engineers in developing and maintaining security measures to ensure and improve the security posture of the organization
• System admin. level knowledge of Cisco iOS, Juniper JunOS
• AA or AS degree in CS, IS, Engineering, Business, or a related technical field and 4+ years of experience with information security, or BA or BS degree in CS, IS, Engineering, Business, or a related technical field and 2+ years of experience with information security.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Experience with current information technologies as it relates to the network security (IDS/IPS, SNMP/Syslog monitoring tools, net flow analysis tools)
• Experience with evaluation and compliance of IT systems with assessment of vulnerabilities and IA controls (including STIG mgmt. and resolution)
• Related technical field-IT-related Certifications a plus (CCNA/ CCNP, JNCP)